• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have the ZTE Blade V8 Pro - ASK ME ANYTHING!

The SIM card/IMEI erase is a big issue.
Here is a smaller issue: has anyone had issue with ebay apps on this phone?
I got my phone (ZTE blade v8 pro) from amazon last week end (2018/06). When restoring apps from google drive backup, the phone got 'stock andriod stopped working' message and ran into infinite boot.
Until I factory reset it and installed one apps at a time and finally found it was the ebay apps that caused the problem. After avoiding the apps, the phone is working fine so far.

I do not see the same issue is discussed on the forum. Just curious does anyone hit the same issue? better yet, anyone has a solution beside not to install ebay?

Upvote 0
Did they ever fix that very weird disappearing IMEI issue? Never heard of that ever happening on any other phone so it honestly shocked me. Was the update some monthly Android security update that fried the phone? I don't think this phone ever got an actual OS update sadly. I'm currently on a cheap budget Moto E4 and it's not horrible considering I scored it ultra cheap and unlocked it but it's definitely not a powerhouse. It's definitely the best cheap budget phone of the bunch I've tried over the years though. I'm sorta torn between the G5 Plus, Nokia 6.1, and possibly Moto X4 although I heard of updates messing that phone up. Yesterday I discovered this V8 Blade ZTE phone and it's very intriguing to me honestly....dual cams, 1080 5.5 screen, 625 octa core CPU, 3gb ram, a near vanilla Android skin although on the old dated marshmallow 6.0.... it seems better in every way to the G5 Plus besides being on an older Android version. I wonder if the old 6.0 OS ever causes any problems, the 7.1 OS on my cheap E4 helps keep it smooth since I read release notes saying 7.1 decreased the touch latency quite a bit versus older Android versions. Thanks for any insight anybody, long time lurker and fan :) I'm just in the market for a phone with more oompth and good camera, battery, and screen versus my current el cheapo cheap and I'm on a cheap budget myself. I've learned over time it's best to go with vanilla OS or light skins, heavy bloated skins can make even on paper good spec phones lag and glitch and flake out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones