• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I just opened this phone and found something strange...

Daniel Fernandes

Android Enthusiast
Aug 20, 2016
So I just opened my Samsung Galaxy GT-S7392 and found this empty port below the camera. Any ideas what this port is used for?

Here is a picture of the port:
tmp-cam--489540505.jpg

It's marked M4121A9A
tmp-cam--142201413.jpg

It is just on the side of that hole on the printed circuit board. Has anyone else seen such a connector in your phone?

Also, while opening it, I broke the USB port connection. Do you think I can charge my battery some other way now? (apart from using another Samsung device)

Hmmm... Yeah that can be the case but even then, if I get its datasheet then maybe I can use it with my PC or Arduino to do something cool?

I also think this can be a camera header because there is a hole next to it. My ASUS Zenfone 5 had the camera that way. Buy hey, the phone already got its camera somewhere else... :thinking:

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones