• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I need help

Adam Mousa

Lurker
Nov 1, 2015
So I just rooted my LGMS395 with Android 4.4.2 yesterday, and had no problems. I installed my theme, and everything worked as normal.
Today, however, I noticed that I couldn't access the Play Store. I thought it odd, then realized nothing was syncing. I ignored it and used YouTube, but I now noticed, upon trying to use YouTube again, I can't access that either.
I uninstalled updates on both of them, turned my phone on and off, and finally, I just Factory Reset it as my last hope.
Long story short, it did not work. At all. Now, I can't even get INTO the phone to unroot it! My suspicions were confirmed when I read that rooting causes this problem. Now this is all I get.

Couldn't sign in
Can't establish a reliable connection to the server.
This could be a temporary problem or your android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care.
Next
So, what the hell am I supposed to do now? I can't get in the phone because it's rooted. yay me.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
At this point, I think the best solution is completely return to stock using LG Flash Tool and KDZ file.

Check the guide (LG Leon forum)
http://androidforums.com/threads/unbrick-guide-to-turn-back-to-stock.946481/

But make sure to use MS395 file here
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW75POA132JUAOI9F89DN8G/MS39510g_00.kdz

Okay so I got into the phone without using a Google account, what now? I've uninstalled SuperSU but I still get the same issue.

Upvote 0
Okay so I got into the phone without using a Google account, what now? I've uninstalled SuperSU but I still get the same issue.

So are you at least able to start the phone now? Try to sign in with Google Account and see if it makes any difference.

Usually if Google framework / Google Playservice require update, you may have trouble using Play Store, Youtube etc.. but these usually go away once you update and reboot the phone.

If you constantly having trouble even after factory reset / clean install, either phone is defected or you might touched something during rooting & installing theme.

Upvote 0
So are you at least able to start the phone now? Try to sign in with Google Account and see if it makes any difference.

Usually if Google framework / Google Playservice require update, you may have trouble using Play Store, Youtube etc.. but these usually go away once you update and reboot the phone.

If you constantly having trouble even after factory reset / clean install, either phone is defected or you might touched something during rooting & installing theme.
Looked around the web. Re rooted, unrooted and fac reset. Its all working now, I'm signed in, got my apps back, all is well. Thanks for the last resorts. I'll keep them in mind.

Upvote 0
Looked around the web. Re rooted, unrooted and fac reset. Its all working now, I'm signed in, got my apps back, all is well. Thanks for the last resorts. I'll keep them in mind.

Nice it worked.

When you have time you may want to create complete backup using TWRP and save it in your external SD card. This will be your emergency file in case something goes terribly wrong again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones