• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I see not bowling threads...

Since I have been bowling for twelve years on and off at the local Illini Union, last night was our final night over there and we pretty much picked up all the pins and ranking us around fourth or third place for some time now. We have been in the bottom three positions since I was a sub, around like mid Januraryish in 2010, and my avarage as of last evening was a major break through, it was 86 for ages on end, but I manage to pull it through and bump it to ninety as of yesterday.

Sure we had a rockyish start, but I did get some major highlights, my major scores are around 120, 165, 155, 144, 122, 125, 145, and the last major game I do remember bowling was getting around nine strikes in a row before CONVID, it was around 155. Had a few major splits in the end.

So do you have any bowling stories you would love to add ?

Reactions: Dannydet
Bowling is fun for everyone. :) I bowled in a mixed league for a few years with my wife, cousin, and her husband. It was a lot of fun and I met a lot of fun people. When our children were old enough to be involved in sports and dance and... and you name it, we quit bowling and spent our time doing their things with them. I was never a good bowler but did carry a low 190's average. My problem playing in a handicapped league was in a typical night I'd roll two sorry games and one very good game. A good bowler rolls his average most every game. That's the best chance to win. My high game was 288 but I have seen two perfect games bowled.

My humorous story to share: After being away from the game for decades, the wife and I decided we would go to the local alley and bowl a few games for fun. My fingers still fit my ball and my shoes still fit. I should have powdered my shoe for with my first approach my slide foot stuck and I ripped the top of the shoe right off of the sole. Years sitting in my shed took a serious toll on my shoes.

Upvote 0
Does getting kicked out of a Bowling Alley count :thinking:
I got kicked out once myself. When I was a young teen the price of a phone call at a pay phone went from a nickel to a dime. I was told a technique to make a call for a penny. Not needing to make a call but out of curiosity me and a buddy had to give it a try. The process was licking the penny and then inserting it and hitting the coin return as the penny fell into the cash drawer. A dozen pennies later and an immense amount of banging on the coin return prompted the staff to remove us from the premises. :)

Upvote 0
I got kicked out once myself. When I was a young teen the price of a phone call at a pay phone went from a nickel to a dime. I was told a technique to make a call for a penny. Not needing to make a call but out of curiosity me and a buddy had to give it a try. The process was licking the penny and then inserting it and hitting the coin return as the penny fell into the cash drawer. A dozen pennies later and an immense amount of banging on the coin return prompted the staff to remove us from the premises. :)
I once did that in an arcade, wereas I just unplugged everyone's joystick, the quaterslot was wide open as well as even the people just popped in a quater, I was stuck playing the green elf, and got all the way past the dragon lol...... :)

Upvote 0
Bump, so this semister or was it around when my vacation was, I got a text from my sister that the manger of the Illini Union, (were I bowl for the bittersweet) she left or got fired, quit or whatever else that crawls up and coils down, at least I do not have to see the biker from Saw saga ever again, that was one scary custome, I still remember bowling with that night, think it was in October and that guy really scared both myself and my sister.
(I only seen the first Saw movie with my ex-cousin and friend ages ago. Also did see the sixth one with my brother in law a billion years ago, no thhhhhhankkkkkkssssssss.......) Still it was one of those kind of deals of were I just could not wrap around it, sometimes when busy with crap with my sister or mother, a few times, on Sun. I just forgot my combination and had to text her about it, because I am looking around my room unpacking from my side occupaion and never look into my Minion book for it. Oh I just get so upset on it still even today, I just crawled away from anything else..

Sometimes I just wish to chill out and never bother to double pack up everything in a day, without breathing room more or less then a minute.. :(
Just my rule of thumb.

Upvote 0
Now I have my combination saved on a notepad on my cell though, I Have it wrote down in pencil on a notebook of mine, so I copied the combination though, It is around thirty eight, but I wonder what was the number though, that keeps on scattering my brain up..
My high ave right now, around like ninety four currently.

Upvote 0
I carried a 187 average when I was bowling. I was a terrible league bowler. I'd have one game way over my average and two games under my average most ever night. Being handicapped, the better chance of winning games is to bowl your average every game. I did bowl for dollars on Sundays. Best game over your average in the house won the pot each game. We normally bowled six games before the house opened to the public. A dollar buy in a game could win you thirty bucks. Now that was fun, and being as I almost always bowled a really good game in three, it was profitable. My high game ever was 287 and I rolled it with my back killing me. It's too bad my back wasn't out of whack more often. :)

Upvote 0
We had a split pool with our team capitian a quater for every split we missed, I end up with around five dollars at one point in quaters for pop and what not, but I kept it! As a reward, also they would give us University of Illinois clothes, hats, cups, for trophies, and book store cards as well. We usually do three games a night, and I always call them "nights"of where you bowl per night, and ending up in the abstract inside the little bit out from just as is. I made a few home made t-shirts alongst the way, somewhere I can find them and pinned them up on here :) I still have one of the gift cards from one of the team celebrations ages ago, we also used to do customer apperication evening with raffle tickets, and get t-shirts,bowling pin stress relivers, (I have five of them hahaha) also a few other odds and ends, I do notget them as much lately. :)
A few string back packs I have.. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones