• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I405 problems

mrtweaver

Lurker
May 27, 2014
Ok recently replaced the screen on my stratosphere. When i went to turn it on it comes up with some message about the OS. It says press up vol for new OS, down vol to load reg OS. It would appear that the vol down does not work, well in fact neither button seems to do anything when on this screen.

A friend of mine who works for verizon said i prob need to reload the software but no one has the device to load it.

Funny thing is sometime when i press the up and down vol and press the power button a menu will come up but i am unable to move the cursor. and other times the phone will load into the software. And the even funnier thing is sometimes when it does load into the phone software the date will be way off and other times it will be fairly accurate..

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

I took it to verizon both the one where my friend works and one in a larger city and neither one can flash the phone because they said they no longer have the equipment to do that phone.

As for damaging something in the phone, i dont think so, as i said if i just press the vol up and power on nothing happens, if i press the vol down and power nothing happens, it is only when i press both and power that iget the menu options after i get the menu options now nothing works. vol up does not move the cursor up and vol down does not move it down. Of course when the menu come up the cursor is at the top and idont think they have wrap around where you can scroll from the top selection to the bottom selection by pressing vol up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones