• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ICS/CM9-JB/CM10 Development Thread

How's the battle with jb for the marquee going? I've seen you're still working on it? Anything to report or just more frustration? lol

Mostly just frustration so far. Though to be honest I've got a bunch of things going on at once and I don't get to spend that much time with the marquee. Hopefully that will change soon.... I really do want to get this thing working well. And on the plus side I've learned tons about android, kernels, and much more in the past few months.

Reactions: sc0tti and fur0n
Upvote 0
Mostly just frustration so far. Though to be honest I've got a bunch of things going on at once and I don't get to spend that much time with the marquee. Hopefully that will change soon.... I really do want to get this thing working well. And on the plus side I've learned tons about android, kernels, and much more in the past few months.

That last sentence makes me really happy :D. Excited to see what you can get cooked up for the marquee.

Upvote 0
I've been trying to get things working myself but is going very slow now I see why there hasn't been to much released for marquee. Shendu has been a pain. It build everything great but won't boot, so I'm not to sure what's with it. It's built off of cm10 so figured wouldn't be such a pain. I've tried building pac for marquee but no luck but sense you have a better understanding of Pac you should be able to get it to work.

Upvote 0
I've been trying to get things working myself but is going very slow now I see why there hasn't been to much released for marquee. Shendu has been a pain. It build everything great but won't boot, so I'm not to sure what's with it. It's built off of cm10 so figured wouldn't be such a pain. I've tried building pac for marquee but no luck but sense you have a better understanding of Pac you should be able to get it to work.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I appreciate everything all you DEVs have done.

But I gave up on the Marquee a LONG time ago. Its a pain in the ass in every way. I switched to the GS3 because of how insane it is to tweak this phone. I vote to let it be and fall into the canals of history.

Upvote 0
Please don't take this the wrong way. I appreciate everything all you DEVs have done.

But I gave up on the Marquee a LONG time ago. Its a pain in the ass in every way. I switched to the GS3 because of how insane it is to tweak this phone. I vote to let it be and fall into the canals of history.

It's a niche device to be sure. I haven't used it for my primary device in months. But there are users who remain, and with ting there may even be new users still coming in.

So if you get another phone nobody can blame you. But maybe someday soon those who still use it might get a surprise. :)

Upvote 0
It's a niche device to be sure. I haven't used it for my primary device in months. But there are users who remain, and with ting there may even be new users still coming in.

So if you get another phone nobody can blame you. But maybe someday soon those who still use it might get a surprise. :)

Soon I hope. Because with a single core CPU. It may not be able to run some of the programs coming out. Especially if what they say about KLP requiring a quad core CPU or better.

Upvote 0
Yes, I am one of those newcomers from Ting and I completely appreciate the efforts of the devs on this device.

I am currently running Megatron but will totally jump at the chance to run a ROM based on CM! I'm happy that devs haven't abandoned this phone. It's not a power house, to be sure, but it suits my needs and budget.

Thanks again, and I look forward to what is in store for the phone.

Upvote 0
I've also stuck with the marquee. The processor can be sluggish at times and the inconsistencies with the overclock can get frustrating, but from where it started to where it is I say job well done. You can polish a turd, but at the end of the day it's still a turd.

Furthermore, it seems to me the marquees cache partition loves to hoard. It's amazing how quickly the cache builds up on this device. I find myself wiping it at least every other day to minimize lag.

Upvote 0
I've moved on to the HTC One SV but I check this section several times a day looking for new mods for my Marquee. Just because it's not my daily driver doesn't mean I've given up on it.

I can guarantee I'll be one of the first to flash a CM ROM once it's released too.

LONG LIVE THE MARQUEE! :D
I doubt you will be the first if you don't beat me to it. I still use my little Marquee as an mp3 player so I keep a check on the interwebs for new toys. :)

Upvote 0
It's all good. I've still got the Marquee to play around with. Well, that is unless my wife decides she wants it. LOL :p

Yeah, it's novel I guess. My son like it. He keeps bugging me to get a GS4 so he can get my GS3. Maybe. But all he does is browse the web, play SNES and Genesis emulators, and take photo's. But he is going into 8th grade, so who knows.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones