• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I got an alert that a firmware update was available but didn't have time to devote to it until this morning. I had added the app. to keep the 7.7 screen on instead of shutting off at ten minutes and I was able to observe the whole process while simultaneously using my PC for other tasks. After the installation was complete the tab shut itself off and when I restarted it, (voila!) Ice Cream Sandwich was present. I'm kinda tickled.

Miyako, hang in there. It will arrive at some point.

Upvote 0
I just installed ICS on my Galaxy Tab 7.7. Update was painless with one expection. I kept getting a message (from the server?) during download of the update, to the effect that my battery level was low. My battery at that time was fully charged and the charger was plugged into the mains as well during the download and update. I ignored the message with no ill effect & I am now running ICS - hooray!

Upvote 0
Please, please tell me how you managed this? I, yesterday, updated Kies from the Samy website direct (ie it deleted my existing version and installed the latest version for my Tab 7.7: 3G: GT-P6800) and it shows the latest OS as PDA:LB4/PHONE/:LA3/CSC:L2(XEU) which matches my Tab's OS which shows in "About device" as 3.2. I'm in the UK and others seem to have the upgrade but not me. Help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones