• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Idol S Touchscreen Problems:

Hi,

Been using my Alcatel One Touch Idol S for the last eighteen months, and so far no problems.

Three days ago it started playing up - it wouldn't let me open the two most recent messages in SMS, certain buttons become inactive yet still visible, such as select all contacts in contact app, "my apps" in Google Play, certain app icons on screens (some work, some don't) and navigation functions in GMail and Facebook.

The biggest problems are the sliding the screen down function, to kill running apps, pressing 3 when listening to voicemail to delete the message and trying to delete icons from the screen (they will not go to trash) and sending a text message to regular contacts, only to be told that the recipient was invalid.

At first I though it was just a damp problem, as it had been raining heavily. Yesterday I discovered that some of these simpler functions worked fine if I turned the screen through 90 degrees, but to enable this I needed to use an app that allowed for 90 degree rotation, such as SMS message app. However, the main problems such as sliding screen and delete still didn't work.

Eventually I did full factory reset, and this hasn't helped anything ... the problems are still there.

Suggestions most welcome thanks.

Adam.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones