• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm afraid to switch from MetroPCS to SIMple Mobile even though it seems like a good deal

I'm afraid to switch from MetroPCS to SIMple Mobile even though it seems like a good deal. Why?

1) There is very little action here and my last question went unanswered

2) I tried to join the SIMple Mobile forum All Discussions - We use SIMple Mobile. and when I apply for membership, at We use SIMple Mobile. the CAPTCHA isn't showing. Instead there is an error code An internal error occurred: 4B66AAE5C8C20.A142BD6.2A0B. Tried to join without the reCAPTCHA and I get the error code The reCAPTCHA value was not entered correctly. Please try again.. I've tried this using Foxfire, MSIE and even on my Droid phone with the same results.

I've written to 4 different addresses at SIMple Mobile 3 times and have never gotten a response nor have they fixed it.

So without any answers here, and without having the ability to join the forum to ask the SIMple users questions, and without even a response from tech support, I am reluctant to give up the devil I know for the devil I don't know.

I need flat rate service since I run a business and my number is in the yellow pages. A business cannot be on the 'do not call list', and since I converted from a land line, I have the normal area code for my locality. Therefore I get about a 100 minutes per month of people trying to sell me everything from a 'better' credit card processor to air conditioning repairs to health insurance and to a million other things that I would never buy from an unsolicited phone call. I don't want to have to pay for their ads, and that's why I need a flat rate service, which is what Metro PCS provides me.

But still the idea of a SIM chip and being able to buy a chip from a foreign country when I travel seems like a great idea.

On the other hand if the company is that un-responsive, what will happen if I need tech help?

So if I can't get better information, I'll stick with MetroPCS.

Notes

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones