• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm loving it

Only 1 day in, but learning to love it. In the hand at first, I wasn't so sure. It's heavy. My s6 active is a feather compared to this thing. Almost 20 hours, 8 with moderate usage, 55%. So, battery is a beast. My 6 was showing the age on its battery. Easily getting through a day still, but it was a 2 day cruise when it was new....

I am a male. I am not in love with the skinniest/lightest/fanciest model out there. I wanted a phone that fits well in my hand that weighs something (feels good to have some heft), that is well built/sturdy (have U seen the drop tests with this thing?) and that has all the bells and whistles. I had Kyocera Brigadiers for a number of years, but it would not allow me to hotspot it. I searched around for such capacity and found a T-Mobile S8 Active deal last year that I couldn't find elsewhere and went with it.

I am totally satisfied. What is there not to like? OK, OK, I had read the screen was just about shatterproof but prone to scratches. And so I put an Armorsuit screen on it first out.

Nirvana!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones