• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Improving fingerprint recognition

Snakeyeskm

Apr 8, 2014
US
Nothing original here, but for those who are having trouble with the fingerprint sensor working accurately, try this out and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Start by deleting all existing fingerprints.
Now pick your favorite finger and go through the training process till it is complete.
Using the same finger repeat the process for each of the four available fingerprint slots.
Once that's done tap on "Check added fingerprints".
Test out that finger several times from different positions. You will notice that one of the four Fingerprints tends to show up far more frequently than the rest.
Return to the prior screen and delete the other less frequent fingerprints.
Now pick the other finger of choice and go through the training process using only the remaining fingerprint numbers.
Once done go back to "Check added fingerprints" and repeat the process.

Having done that, I have close to 100% success each time I use the fingerprint to unlock my galaxy S 10+
If you do try it please post and let me know how it worked for you

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones