• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help IMS registration status it says "Not registered"

zz77

May 27, 2012
I have the Note 9 SM-N960F exynos I had mint mobile I decided to switch to TracFone I picked the AT&T sim card. I activated it on Friday it took a few hours. Mobile data worked, but couldn't make phone calls. I looked in the sim card status in the IMS registration status it says "Not registered". I did a network reset it worked until yesterday it said the IMS registration is not "Not registered". So I ended up reflashing the bootloader and modem and the Alexis Rom custom rom it worked until today. Is it my phone or is it AT&T not supporting the phone?

I have the Note 9 SM-N960F exynos I had mint mobile I decided to switch to TracFone I picked the AT&T sim card. I activated it on Friday it took a few hours. Mobile data worked, but couldn't make phone calls. I looked in the sim card status in the IMS registration status it says "Not registered". I did a network reset it worked until yesterday it said the IMS registration is not "Not registered". So I ended up reflashing the bootloader and modem and the Alexis Rom custom rom it worked until today. Is it my phone or is it AT&T not supporting the phone?

"exynos", so I assume it's an imported phone you've got there. Because Samsung usually supplies Qualcomm Snapdragon phones in the US, not Exynos. And from what you've described it could be a compatibility problem with the carrier, specifically it may not support VoLTE with TracFone. Along with the "Not registered" message.

It maybe worth you enquiring with TracFone's or AT&T's customer service, see if they can suggest anything. Apparently the US carriers are turning off their 3G networks, so you must have a phone that support VoLTE, otherwise it won't be able to make phone calls.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones