• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incoming call volume automatically shuts after phone call

pmhtro

Lurker
Jul 30, 2013
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my phone after an accidental movement that i am trying to consider what it was.

So every time i change the volume control for incoming call to max or near it, after the first call that i can hear the phone ringing, when even i or the other side hangs-up the volume automatically goes to min (muted) as the screen dims before it goes off. The next call is muted and i miss every call from that point because i cannot hear them. If i change the volume again to max or near it the process goes the same way.

I wonder if there is a trick or quick solution to the problem or if it is a bug of software. I'm using the phone 5 months now with no problems. I tried the advise that support team addressed, that is perform a backup and factory reseting the device. in the beginning seem to work ok but after a while the problem raised again.

Hopping in an answer by someone who knows well the device...

After I get an incoming call and hang up, the volume goes down to 0 and the volume control is shown on screen as if I pressed the volume buttons. After that every time I make or receive a call, the volume controls are shown again.

The volume goes to 0 when the phone begins ringing, then goes back to its normal level when I hang up. Sometimes it does not go back to its normal level though. I tried clearing the data of the dialer app, which did not help.

Edit:
The problem gets fixed when I restart the phone or kill all apps and background processes/services. However, it comes back after some time. I currently suspect Google Navigation. If I get a call while navigating (not just maps) the problem comes back. I tried to look at the LogCat but couldn't recognise down the cause.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones