• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Instable 3G connection

Thorkal

Lurker
Aug 25, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the 3G connection on my phone. I don't know if it's a software or an hardware problem.

So, I mainly use my 3G connection with wifi tethering (my laptop is connected to my phone hotspot). Regularly, I lose connection on my laptop. On firefox, the message in the status bar stays on "Looking for www.google.com" or "Connecting to www.google.com", for example. When that happens, the 3G connection on my phone appears to be still active, with the arrows indicating upload and download in the android status bar, but if I try to use the android browser, I have the same problem (the website is unreachable). I have to disable the data connection on my phone and then re-enable it so I can use it again.

I have another problem which is not my priority but may be linked to my main problem : sometimes (I don't know what determines that), if my phones battery is not charging, I lose wifi connection to my phone (when it's tethering).

My phone is quite old, but the battery still works fine, and my android is also an old one : 4.0.4. It's not rooted and it's not a custom rom.

If someone has an idea of where the problem could come from, It'd be great...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones