• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installing Windows and getting a USB converter

Aleque

May 26, 2012
Hi

I have 2 questions:

1). Can I install Windows on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 ?

2). Is it possible to connect several USB devices to it somehow and use the tablet as a normal PC?

For instance, I want to connect a USB keyboard and a Wacom drawing tablet.

Can someone please help?

Hi

I have 2 questions:

1). Can I install Windows on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 ?

2). Is it possible to connect several USB devices to it somehow and use the tablet as a normal PC?

For instance, I want to connect a USB keyboard and a Wacom drawing tablet.

Can someone please help?

1) Unfortunately, No its not possible to install any different operating system other then android onto the said device. One of the main reasons would be it would be lacking the hardware power needed to operate the operating system desired

2) Connecting all devices such as a usb mouse a usb keyboard and any other usb devices is more unlikely to be possible. The reason behind this is because the device may not have the capacity or power output to power all the usb devices. The tablet has a power voltage of about 5V or something simular to that. Due to this being the situation the device will not be able to power all the usb devices

Best of luck to you
G Andre W

Upvote 0
Thank you for the replies. Do you have any idea, if there is a cheap laptop out there, or another similar solution, that can run Windows? A system that has the exactly same screen technology (AMOLED or Super AMOLED). I find this screen type very pleasant to the eye but I struggle to find a PC monitor of that technology or a laptop that is not too expensive.

Upvote 0
AMOLED displays are not common on laptops, and as they are more expensive than LCDs it's even less likely that you'll find a cheap laptop with one - any manufacturer aiming for the budget laptop market isn't going to put an expensive display in it.

The same is true for monitors, which are typically much larger than laptop displays, which themselves larger than your tablet, and so the cost factor becomes larger still. Personally the shorter lifetime of OLED displays would make them less attractive to me for laptops or monitors anyway (which, for me at least, get used for many more hours/week than my phone does), though since manufacturers prefer people to replace devices often I suspect it's the price that matters more to them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones