• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internal Hotspot antenna?

unofornaio

Lurker
Dec 7, 2011
CA
Ok this is a different approach to my problem. I'm wondering if this phone uses a separate antenna function to (BRODCAST) when turning on my hotspot? MY ISSUE IS:
I'm able to get WiFi (on my phone) from a WiFi source just fine but when I try to turn on the phones mobile hotspot it immediately says 'verifying Service authorization please wait' is it possible that the hardware used to BRODCAST is not working?

Ok this is a different approach to my problem. I'm wondering if this phone uses a separate antenna function to (BRODCAST) when turning on my hotspot?

It is the same antenna and radio used for both WiFi hotspot 'BROADCAST' and for when the phone is connected to a WiFi router.

MY ISSUE IS:
I'm able to get WiFi (on my phone) from a WiFi source just fine but when I try to turn on the phones mobile hotspot it immediately says 'verifying Service authorization please wait' is it possible that the hardware used to BRODCAST is not working?

Quite frankly that sounds like your carrier has restricted tethering, e.g. Three UK, and most US carriers, AFAIK. Possibly your data plan doesn't allow it, or if you're certain it does, suggest you contact your carrier about it.

Never had this problem myself though as I've never had a carrier or phone that doesn't allow tethering.

Last edited:
Reactions: unofornaio
Upvote 0
Thank you for the replies. OK so it was infact something with the phone. I did a factory reset and all is well. It is however interesting to me what exactly was the issue with the phone. I know for a fact it was NOT any user settings and it was not the carrier. When I did a factory reset I chose to not wipe internal storage. I hope this may save someone some time if they come across this issue. Thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones