• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internet browsers are slow...

jerry171460

Lurker
Aug 10, 2019
I bought my Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1 in 2011. It has Android verion 4.04, and the kernal version is 3.1.10.
I haven't updated my Tablet for a few years, and the web browsers (IE, Google chrome & Firefox) are very slow; sometimes no response. If anyone can help me on that, I'll greatly appreciate.

I bought my Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1 in 2011. It has Android verion 4.04, and the kernal version is 3.1.10.
I haven't updated my Tablet for a few years, and the web browsers (IE, Google chrome & Firefox) are very slow; sometimes no response. If anyone can help me on that, I'll greatly appreciate.
have you checked for updates? i doubt that there is any as your device is quite old, but you never know. have you tried to reboot your router? even though other devices might be ok, it might help with your tablet. i would also reboot your tablet as well.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
You're running modern browsers on old hardware and operating system. Browsers can tax the gpu and cpu of your phone/pc/tablet to render pages with images and/or videos.

A 2011 tablet has a low spec cpu and gpu not really suitable for modern heavyweight browsers like chrome and firefox. Oh you'll also have slower memory which browsers use for caching.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones