• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Internet not available"

I keep having this notification in a triangle graphic with a "!" - if I am out and about and my phone can't check for email etc.

How can I stop it?

Thanks

my money is on you having a data alert and restriction set up on your phone.

go to settings > data usage and you should see three check boxes. all three or at least the first two are probably checked, and if you scroll down, you'll see that you have hit your self-imposed data cap. you can drag the limits upward and the triangle will go way, and you will be able to use data again. you can also just uncheck the "limit mobile data usage" checkbox and the alert checkbox and you'll be freed again.

that being said, if you're on a data "diet," you will go over if you do this, so check your plan first! :)

Upvote 0
my money is on you having a data alert and restriction set up on your phone.

go to settings > data usage and you should see three check boxes. all three or at least the first two are probably checked, and if you scroll down, you'll see that you have hit your self-imposed data cap. you can drag the limits upward and the triangle will go way, and you will be able to use data again. you can also just uncheck the "limit mobile data usage" checkbox and the alert checkbox and you'll be freed again.

that being said, if you're on a data "diet," you will go over if you do this, so check your plan first! :)

I don't have any tick boxes in that area.

I have unlimited wifi data in my plan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones