• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internet works fine, but no connection to Facebook

Hello everyone, as you can see, I'm pretty new here and I can't figure out what the problem with my phone is.

My internet (or mobile data) works perfectly fine, no problem at all. But when I go to Facebook's homepage, my device refuses to download the data. You may know that there

Hmm, good question, and it seems like noone else knows the answer either, from the lack of replies. Could I get you to do a few things and see the outcomes for me?
1. Turn on and off the device. I know it sounds stupid, but you'd be suprised at how often it works.
2. Turn off and on the Mobile data. You can do this by going to settings>Data usage> and pressing OFF. I don't personally have a One X, but it should be easy enough to find how to turn it off if my above instructions do not help.
3. Try and connect to different networks. Try connecting to wifi, see if that will allow you on the site.
4. Try going directly to the mobile site. Depending on your location, the mobile site may be different, but I believe in America it is 0.facebook.com? a quick google search should do it.
5. Try Googling Facebook, and then going into the site from that link.
6. Take a Speed.net test. Its is a free app on the Play store, what it does is measures how fast your internet connection is working. Don't forget to turn off WiFi for this. After you got the results, list them in a comment so I will be able to see them.

Good luck! None of those steps need to be taken in any specific order. I hope something clicks for you!

Upvote 0
Hmm, good question, and it seems like noone else knows the answer either, from the lack of replies. Could I get you to do a few things and see the outcomes for me?
1. Turn on and off the device. I know it sounds stupid, but you'd be suprised at how often it works.
2. Turn off and on the Mobile data. You can do this by going to settings>Data usage> and pressing OFF. I don't personally have a One X, but it should be easy enough to find how to turn it off if my above instructions do not help.
3. Try and connect to different networks. Try connecting to wifi, see if that will allow you on the site.
4. Try going directly to the mobile site. Depending on your location, the mobile site may be different, but I believe in America it is 0.facebook.com? a quick google search should do it.
5. Try Googling Facebook, and then going into the site from that link.
6. Take a Speed.net test. Its is a free app on the Play store, what it does is measures how fast your internet connection is working. Don't forget to turn off WiFi for this. After you got the results, list them in a comment so I will be able to see them.

Good luck! None of those steps need to be taken in any specific order. I hope something clicks for you!

I have tried all steps without luck. Here are the results:
sbjwir.png

Upvote 0
Hmm darn. Thats a shame, Im almost out of options... a few more:
1. Is your phone rooted? From the picture, it doesnt apear to be, but i want to ask just in case.
2. Have you dropped your phone yet and does it have a case? I say this because a drop could damage the antenea, but ive never heard of that happening, but of course it is possible. Also, water damage could also cause this.
3. I highly doute it is those above two options, because all other sites work on your phone. So your third option is to take it to AT&T, or whatever your carrier is.
4. Im not familiar with how web pages work, but i could be possable that because your phone is so new that Facebook hasnt created a mobile site for it? Again, the more i think of if the more bullshit it sounds.
Sorry buddy, thats all I got. If something comes to me in the middle of the night then I'll get back to you, but as it stands your gunna have to go back to your carrier. Good luck!

Upvote 0
Hmm darn. Thats a shame, Im almost out of options... a few more:
1. Is your phone rooted? From the picture, it doesnt apear to be, but i want to ask just in case.
2. Have you dropped your phone yet and does it have a case? I say this because a drop could damage the antenea, but ive never heard of that happening, but of course it is possible. Also, water damage could also cause this.
3. I highly doute it is those above two options, because all other sites work on your phone. So your third option is to take it to AT&T, or whatever your carrier is.
4. Im not familiar with how web pages work, but i could be possable that because your phone is so new that Facebook hasnt created a mobile site for it? Again, the more i think of if the more bullshit it sounds.
Sorry buddy, thats all I got. If something comes to me in the middle of the night then I'll get back to you, but as it stands your gunna have to go back to your carrier. Good luck!

it's not rooted and as I said, even the app wont connect. I've dropped it like 3 times, 2 from the bed and 1 at floor. But my phone has Screen protection and a case. Also, Facebook has been.working, but it.just wont connect anymore :(

Actually, maybe check to be sure that there are no parental blocks or any such feature blocking Facebook?
Also, maybe download another Browser. Chrome Beta is a great one, and Firefox Beta as well is good. Both free in the app store.

There's no.such thing enabled, and I will try out Chrome. I really appreciate your fast respond and help! Thanks slot for being helpful :D

Upvote 0
My pleasure, I actually think that the new browser may fix your problem, but be sure to check the setting of both broswer to make sure its not the broswer blocking it. :)

Just downloaded Chrome for my One X, but that didn't solve the problem :(

Have you tried to delete your facebook app, then reinstall it?

And yes I have tried reinstalling the Facebook app, plus my browser does accept cookies. I have also tried deleting Cache, Cookies and browser history.

Upvote 0
It could be an issue with your facebook server.

You can check that here.

Is Facebook down? Check status and report outages at downrightnow

It tells me that it's online.

Hi Kramze..

Welcome aboard. I've moved your thread over to its support forum for some responses from other users of the same device. :)

Hello there and thank you! I may apologize for my dry response, but data related problems can occur on all devices. I don't believe that the problem is the phone model, but considering that anyone else owning this device have occured a similar problem, would then make it a logical decision to move this thread. However, if it appears to be a software related issue, which I'm strongly suspecting, would't it be better to let everyone follow this thread? Just untill the root of the problem has been discovered.

Upvote 0
Same Issue here.

I can no longer log in to facebook using the Facebook APP on my smart phone (galaxy S5).

I get the error as attached screen shot.

It was working earlier today.

Internet is working on my smartphone - can use the smartphone and it's browser to connect to the www.

I can log in to my FB account using Firefox/Chrome/IE on a desktop PC. I used that desktop to report this problem. to FB.

I can also log in to mt FB account using the APP on a Galaxy Tab.

I have turned my smart phone off and on. I have uninstalled the APP and reinstalled it. I have done the same with Messenger.

None of that has worked.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-04-13-32-14.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-04-13-32-14.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 2,341
Reactions: Skoot
Upvote 0
Not solved yet.

Facebook can still be used with web browsers on mobiles and she can also log on on my S4 as well as with her Tab A.

Someone has suggested she logs off all FB sessions on all devices / desktops ... haven't tried that yet.

Note she uses a different Gmail account for FB than that she is logged onto google on her 'phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones