• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Introduction

Philiusm

Lurker
Dec 8, 2020
Hi,

I'm very new to Android based devices and recently bought a Lenovo Tab M0 plus. I got it to give me some technical interest to keep my poor old brain going, it may be too late some would say.

Initially I worked as an electronics development engineer and after after about 10 years moved into IT support. I then went to work as a field service engineer for a very big computer company. I predominantly worked on hugely expensive UNIX systems and gradually migrated to Intel base products as the market changed.

I retired 4 years ago and have been tinkering with PCs, GPS devices and RC models. I have gotten to grips with Windows 10 and recently built a stupidy fast PC that can boot from cold in about 10 seconds. I sit there waiting for it to do something only to realise that I've blinked and missed it.

I have recently started dabbling with Android devices. I'm more interested in the technical aspects than actually using them. So be prepared for some obscure technical questions.

Hello Philiusm. Welcome to Android Forums. It's great to have you join us and I hope that you enjoy your time here. I moved your thread to our intro area so that everyone will find it. Our friendly members enjoy technical questions. You have joined the best spot on the net for assistance. The Android Lounge is the best spot for your questions. Have fun and thanks for joining the group.

Upvote 0
Welcome.jpg

Reactions: MrJavi and olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones