• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Is It Possible For An Individual To View Everything You Do Via Chromecast?

gutthatrat

Lurker
Jun 4, 2020
This is related to chromecast. If I posted this in the wrong forum, please move where appropriate.

I have about several of my devices connected to a private home network and it is managed by someone I don't particularly like, trust. That's the issue really. The thing is I'm not as tech savvy as he is and he knows it.

This is about a small device connected to a livingroom TV. He basically lives there with all his things stuffed behind a couch. He also pays for the internet whilst I contribute to bills and rent. This question may seem daft to you, but its a real concern of mine and its the reason why I'm here. Is it at all possible he can view everything taking place on my non primary Windows 10 machine via HIS Chromecast? Homegroup is switched off.

I use a Windows 10 laptop and I started noticing little strange instances when using it on the home network. For example when the internet went down and the router would disappear. In that moment, the laptop would connect to his Chromecast "diningroom" as if its like a network hub. I would see this in "system tray". I know that shouldn't be. I do a lot of online banking and asking this individual outright whether or not he's been viewing what has taking place on my WIN 10 machine will be of nooo use. So that's why I'm here. Any help and advice advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
no it is not possible. chromecast is a streaming device. it cannot be used to do anything else. plus it is kind of a one way communication. you have to cast from your device to chromecast. chromecast cannot communicate with another device unless you cast from the device. in other words, i go into my computer and i go to youtube. i tell youtube from my device to cast to my tv. you cannot tell chromecast to cast youtube from your phone. it does not work that way

....i hope that made sense.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones