• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the Lg Optimus 2x a good phone?

TheKalle

Jan 20, 2012
So I found this phone at a site cheaply, (180 USD), and I was wondering if it's a good phone. Anyone of you that had this phone for 3 - 2 months, did it become veery slow? I have currently a Galaxy Y, which started to lag after 1 month of use. Also any bad experiences with the phone? Thanks

So I found this phone at a site cheaply, (180 USD), and I was wondering if it's a good phone. Anyone of you that had this phone for 3 - 2 months, did it become veery slow? I have currently a Galaxy Y, which started to lag after 1 month of use. Also any bad experiences with the phone? Thanks

I think this phone is an average or less phone at the moment.
1. It has very slow software update support.
2. Some times freezing and malfunctioning can be faced.
3. First dual core phone and already 2 years old.
4. Less than average battery and average camera (even it has 8M camera. quality is very bad).

Therefore I suggest you Galaxy S II. Since,
1. Has good software update support.
2. Was one of the best phones in last year.
3. Getting much cheaper after S III and S IV release.
4. Still has better hardware specifications.
5. Better battery, camera.

more info:
Galaxy S II vs. Galaxy S Plus vs. Optimus 2X: Head to head revisited - GSMArena.com
LG Optimus 2X vs. Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - GSMArena.com

Upvote 0
I have a lot of bad experiences with the phone.
The first 4-5 months it ran really smooth, but then the lag begun.
Couldn't do anything about it, by then LG promised an update to Android 4.0 I was very happy with it because it was so slow and laggy.
The update released 6 months later, which took very long but you can see that I guess, after I applied the update I was very happy because it worked fine again.
After 4-5 months the phone started lagging on me again.

-It doesn't support multitask anymore, browsing the internet and listening to music will lagg the music which is really annoying.
-The wi-fi will sometimes don't go on or off.
-The battery dies in less than a day, have to charge it overnight because I'll lose 25% if it's not charging.
-When I get called the screen stays black for a good 10 seconds, great for a phone if calling doesn't work.

I advice you to look for an other phone in the same price category, don't have any advices though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones