• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issues with Droid Maxx 2 and Verizon email

So I got a new phone and I cannot for the life of me setup my verizon email in the email app. Gmail works fine with its own app, and hotmail works with the default email app. But I constantly get errors trying to sign in to my verizon email. I've looked at guides and they are either not for my specific Maxx 2 or wrong in general. I'm tried atuo setup and manual and that same error occurs. Something about email/password don't match yet if I enter it on the web browser (on the phone) it works fine. Help?!?!?!

That sounds frustrating. If you don't mind, I have a couple of questions and an alternate idea to try:

When you do manual settings, which settings are you using (not the password or actual email address, of course.)

Are you trying to set up on WiFi? If so, what happens if you turn off WiFi and use mobile data?

Also, the Gmail app can now work with POP and IMAP accounts as well. You can try setting up the account in the Gmail app and see if it works there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones