• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Jelly Bean for the Desire X is here

Jelly bean for the Desire X has been rolling out, albeit with a few so called "bugs" which some people have experienced.

I can assure you that this is a great improvement to the phone.
Always just bare in mind this is a mid range device, dont compare with Iphone, and Galaxy s4.
Compare apples with apples.

Soon after you get this update 401.3 there is another one called 401.5 which seems to rectify some of the earlier update problems.

According to HTC you will be required to upload the earlier one first, in order to get the next one. Thats the way it works.
ORA

Attachments

• JELLY BEAN SCREENScreenshot_2013-05-29-20-02-45.jpg
    JELLY BEAN SCREENScreenshot_2013-05-29-20-02-45.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 134
  • ICECREAM SANDWICH SCREEN.jpg
    ICECREAM SANDWICH SCREEN.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: orion314
Thats great news they are still rolling jelly bean out! I've heard they canceled it cause the previous launch of jelly bean for the desire x in april was a disaster, cause they were having some serious problems. I guess that's the 401.3 you're talking about ? Do you reckon they'll be pushing jellybean in europe as well ? Could you tell somethin more about everything thats improved ? Thanks buddy :).

Upvote 0
Thats great news they are still rolling jelly bean out! I've heard they canceled it cause the previous launch of jelly bean for the desire x in april was a disaster, cause they were having some serious problems. I guess that's the 401.3 you're talking about ? Do you reckon they'll be pushing jellybean in europe as well ? Could you tell somethin more about everything thats improved ? Thanks buddy :).

well there are a few new things that i have noticed, probably more but havent got that far yet.
Phone faster and more responsive
A couple new screen designs, that i am not mad about
A new torch
A battery saver
photos are improved
The qwerty key pad has changed and in an improvement
The sound on the earphones when playing music is too much trebble.
We know about this and is supposed to be fixed in the next OTA.
Otherwise, everything works, feels good to have the latest OS on a mid range device.
ORA

Reactions: orion314
Upvote 0
I had an update a couple of weeks ago but I do not know which one my android shows version 4.1.1

A few problems I have experienced since update

Forced to install htc sync manager (This is useless software and doesnt seem to work):thinking:

Disc drive option gone and when I try to transfer files to my sd card through the phone 500mb takes around 6 hours or just hangs.

Wifi connection dissapears after phone goes to standby and I have to turn it off then on again.

If I want to transfer files from my computer it is faster to remove the sd card (tricky to do on the desire x) and use a usb adaptor to connect to the computer.

really frustrated by this

Upvote 0
I had an update a couple of weeks ago but I do not know which one my android shows version 4.1.1

Forced to install htc sync manager (This is useless software and doesnt seem to work):thinking:

Disc drive option gone and when I try to transfer files to my sd card through the phone 500mb takes around 6 hours or just hangs.

Wifi connection dissapears after phone goes to standby and I have to turn it off then on again.

If I want to transfer files from my computer it is faster to remove the sd card (tricky to do on the desire x) and use a usb adaptor to connect to the computer.

Sync Manager is useless, i cant copy my contacts from my ph to my pc, only music and pictures.

I am sorry to hear of your problems, i cant explain them. I would take the phone back to the service provider or agent to fix.

I am on 401.5 JB which is the latest OTA update, and so far no issues at all.

Upvote 0

I'm also having this issue. Before the JB update I was able to EASILY sync music via WinAmp to my phone with no issues. Now, since the USB mass storage option isn't available it takes much longer to transfer music. On top of that the syncing only works the first time. When I connect the phone again all my music simply disappears!

UPDATE: I can see my music in the Google Play App (which I don't use), but not in the regular music player.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones