• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just switched to Cricket: no data

Self Made

Aug 4, 2012
USA
I just switched from T-Mobile to Cricket, activating my new SIM online and inserting it in my Nexus 4. I tested calling and voicemail and they worked fine. But I have no cellular data. When I'm on a WiFi network Cricket shows bars. When I'm not on a WiFi network it shows bars but with an exclamation point in them. And if I try to load a web page it will tell me I have no internet connection. What's going on? Did I turn off data somehow (I've looked, and I don't see it) or did Cricket just not turn on my data? Is there a way to get customer service from a human at Cricket? Should I try going into a Cricket store (I got my SIM online)?

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
Did you buy the SIM from Cricket, or a Cricket base store, have you also checked the APN info, and is your device unlocked before using the Cricket Sim, it would of asked you once inserting the SIM card into your TMO device. APN info below.

https://www.cricketwireless.com/sup...ice-byod/customer/bring-your-own-android.html

Inserting that APN info seems to have done the trick. Thanks a lot! But it's sad Cricket gave me this bad a new-user experience. I hope the network is good; if so, I should be satisfied with the price.

BTW the link is outdated for Android 5.0. I was able to find APN info under Settings/Wireless & networks/More/Cellular networks/Access Point Names.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
Inserting that APN info seems to have done the trick. Thanks a lot! But it's sad Cricket gave me this bad a new-user experience. I hope the network is good; if so, I should be satisfied with the price.

BTW the link is outdated for Android 5.0. I was able to find APN info under Settings/Wireless & networks/More/Cellular networks/Access Point Names.

Yep Cricket is not always quick to update there info online, glad you got it working. I agree it should of updated as soon as you entered the Sim card and rebooted, but it's working now, cheers let us know how you like the service once you get a chance to test drive it for a bit ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones