• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keep Feature

Soapm

Jul 22, 2015
Anybody know how to turn off this new "Keep" feature? I use evernotes to keep my thoughts etc... and it's throwing off my favorites list. My favorites used to al fit my screen but now there's one missing. I would really like to see this feature gone.

Where are you seeing this? Because apparently I've had this "Keep" feature since November, but apart from an option in the context menu (3 dots) I've never seen it anywhere.

Or is this something that only appears if you select that option in the context menu? If so, does selecting it again make it go away?

(For that matter, where is there a "Favourites" list in Textra? I've been using it for many years but never seen one: I just have the list of conversations, ordered by most recent activity, and don't see any favourites option - and I am using the paid version).

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
So just in the context menu? OK, that's like mine, but I don't see how that would interfere with anyone's use of the app: if it's only in the menu it won't be in the way of anything else.
Yeah it is in that menu buddy, it will not be in the way of anything. :)

Upvote 0
It's in the latest version of Textra.
You can always revert back to an earlier version by uninstalling your version and installing the old version, before the Keep feature was added.
Go here to find it.
Apkmirror.com
You'll need to never update it in your play settings

Good thinking, I guess I'll have to give this a try... I just hate to see them add an obtrusive feature like this with no way of turning it off.

To those who say it doesn't get in the way of anything, when I swipe down from the top and use quick compose, I have exactly seven favorites which fit my screen exactly. This "keep" now sits at the top of my favorites which pushes my last favorite contact off the screen. It's irritating because it's a feature or a contact I don't see myself ever using since like I said, I use evernote for thoughts etc... since it syncs across my pc's (3), tablets (2), etc... In my view, it just sits in the way taking up prime real estate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hadron and Dannydet
Upvote 0
To those who say it doesn't get in the way of anything, when I swipe down from the top and use quick compose, I have exactly seven favorites which fit my screen exactly. This "keep" now sits at the top of my favorites which pushes my last favorite contact off the screen. It's irritating because it's a feature or a contact I don't see myself ever using since like I said, I use evernote for thoughts etc... since it syncs across my pc's (3), tablets (2), etc... In my view, it just sits in the way taking up prime real estate.
I can see how that would be an irritant. I have never turned on the "quick compose", so have never seen that. Funny thing is that if you open the app and just press the compose button "keep" doesn't appear in the contacts list, so this seems to be a particular feature of quick compose.

Upvote 0
I can see how that would be an irritant. I have never turned on the "quick compose", so have never seen that. Funny thing is that if you open the app and just press the compose button "keep" doesn't appear in the contacts list, so this seems to be a particular feature of quick compose.

That's the irritating part, they added it like a favorite but my brother is the favorite that is boxed out which is the person I text most. They really should have given us the option to have that there or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry to resurrect the dead but I accidentally updated textra only to find I'm still not able to turn off that irritating keep feature. In post #8 Dannydet had linked me to at archive where I got a previous version, but the link no longer works. Is the archive site still active so I can go back to version 4.55?
apkmirror is still there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones