• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kyocera Event Recovery

buy a device with an unlocked bootloader. the problem is the low level code is very temperamental and can brick your phone by messing with it and no one has how they wrote it, or their signing keys so even if you write an exact 1 for 1 duplicate it wouldnt boot.

lg and kyocera lock all their phones, buy a samsung/moto/htc/zte/huawei on a carrier that supports unlocking and you wont have the same issues :/

Upvote 0
buy a device with an unlocked bootloader. the problem is the low level code is very temperamental and can brick your phone by messing with it and no one has how they wrote it, or their signing keys so even if you write an exact 1 for 1 duplicate it wouldnt boot.

lg and kyocera lock all their phones, buy a samsung/moto/htc/zte/huawei on a carrier that supports unlocking and you wont have the same issues :/

I would. However I do not have the money and would like to use the device that I currently own. Surely it can't be to hard to fix the problem if somebody had the time to figure it out and to fix it.

Why can't someone try extracting the signing keys from the ram at boot or brute forcing them?

Upvote 0
I would. However I do not have the money and would like to use the device that I currently own. Surely it can't be to hard to fix the problem if somebody had the time to figure it out and to fix it.

Why can't someone try extracting the signing keys from the ram at boot or brute forcing them?

samsung uses a 2048bit key for their bootloaders, lets assume kyocera is crappier and uses 512. you could then hook together about 8 computers and number factor it (brute force) in about 7 months. that of course is assuming you know what kind of key and security they use and if it is only signed by one key.

you can extract the public keys (the ones that decrypt the files) all day long, however the signing keys are completely different and never leave the software centers at the OEM.

I understand trying to make the best of what you have, and what you have is a locked device, there is no changing that. What i offer is advice, if you truly care about stuff like this then make it a factor when you go to purchase your next device whenever that may be.

Upvote 0
samsung uses a 2048bit key for their bootloaders, lets assume kyocera is crappier and uses 512. you could then hook together about 8 computers and number factor it (brute force) in about 7 months. that of course is assuming you know what kind of key and security they use and if it is only signed by one key.

you can extract the public keys (the ones that decrypt the files) all day long, however the signing keys are completely different and never leave the software centers at the OEM.

I understand trying to make the best of what you have, and what you have is a locked device, there is no changing that. What i offer is advice, if you truly care about stuff like this then make it a factor when you go to purchase your next device whenever that may be.

Alright

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones