• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lack of Hibernation mode in Android OS

E

Effardee

Hi
I find it absolutely amazing that no Hibernation Mode, similar to the one in Windows, is not provided in Android OS. If anything, such a mode is even more critical in tablets than on a PC, as generally speaking, extending battery life is even more essential on tablets.
I'd be interested to know from software engineers/developers why this function is missing on tablets. I realize that sleep mode enables tablets to sync continuously, but surely, the same could be result could be achieved on switching on from hibernation at the expense of a few wasted seconds.
What's even more amazing is that amongst the thousands of apps available for Android OS (80% of which are of doubtful value to say the least), no one has yet come up with an app to fill this yawning gap.

I don't really understand why this would be a useful or practical feature? Your device shouldn't lose much power while sleeping, but like you even said, what about getting your notifications and syncing your data? It's sort of the point of having a mobile device.

In rare circumstances where I want to save battery and do not need to use the device at all, I simply power it down which takes about 2 seconds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones