• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Latest working ROOT app for ZIO

I just did this the other day on my brand new Zio M-6000 (Froyo 2.2.1). No problems with the method I used.

1. Backup
2. Download z4root 1.3.0 onto your computer and transfer the apk file to a folder in your SD-Card
3. Using a file explorer install z4root
4. Run z4root and choose "Permanent Install" (Superuser is automatically installed too)
5. z4root also comes with an unrooter so your phone's warranty will still be valid

[EXTRA] If you wish to save space you can uninstall z4root (superuser won't be uninstalled) and you can reinstall it whenever you need to unroot your phone.

Congratulations, you now have a rooted Zio. I would suggest your first two rooted apps to install are Ad-Free and Barnacle Wifi Tether (make sure to keep track of your data usage).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones