• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lg eve gw620r

LGEVEUSER

Lurker
Apr 30, 2012
First post!

EDIT: FYI, LG GW620R and GW620 are the same device The R is for Rogers.

I have an Rogers LG EVE GW620R at version 10Q (Android 1.6)

I am getting the following message on power up...

System UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable.

"I'm Feeling Lucky" button is the only option to select.

I have tried a factory reset without any change from the SD card menu.

I have also tried the factory reset and user data reset from the hidden menu.

to get to the hidden menu I need to enter "3845#*620#" to get in to the secret menu before the dialer app process stops and needs to close.

Under the 1.5 Android firmware I could root the phone from the hidden menu. Since I'm at 1.6 the menu option is not available.

I am happy to flash firmware 1.6 with LG Mobile Support tools but can only do this if I have version 1.5 installed. Otherwise no update required.

I need to flash the phone to correct the system UID issue. I am able to browse the internet, download and run apps but my basic phone functions don't work like the dialer and importing my contacts. he dialer app usually stops after 3 to 4 numbers entered, so I have to be quick to enter "3845#*620#" to get in to the secret menu.

I have found a copy of Android version 1.6 firmware "V10Q_00.kdz"

so here is my question...can android version 1.6 be rooted to flash 1.6 (V10Q) and how?

Yes 10Q can be rooted. Once the windows "ADB Interface" driver is installed. I did have problems locating the 64 bit driver for Win7, so I used WinXP 32bit with "Super One Click v1.5.5" to root the phone. Once rooted I was able to flash the EVE with LG's Firmware Update program. Flashing with V10Q_00.kdz did not correct the unstable system UID's.

So I tried a V10T_00.kdz flash from a LG KH5200 this was successful and corrected the system UID problem. Although the phone info said it was a KH5200 it worked. I was also able to enter the hidden menu by typing 3845#*5200# and enable root permission, see below. I also had to change the keyboard setting to get correct symbols by deselecting "LG IME" in the keyboard settings.

1. Enter this on the handset to get to the hidden menu: 3845#*620# (3845#*5200# on Korean firmware)
2. Select: Module Test -> Stability Test -> Enable Root Permission
3. Newer roms require a password: EVE&ADAM&&620LOVE!

Enjoy

Upvote 0
FYI

I was able to flash the Rogers firmware version 10Q (Android 1.6) over the Korean version 10T(Android 1.6) with LG's Firmware Update program. This restored the phone to default before I had any issues. I do recommend doing a factory reset after flashing the new firmware. Also you may need to enter APN settings for the Rogers network. See below...

Rogers APN Settings (for Android phones)

These settings will allow you to use a non-Rogers phone on the Rogers network. They should work for any phone but I’ll focus on how to configure things in Android.

To get to the configuration screen go to:

Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
*menu button* > New APN

Data Configuration

Name: Rogers
APN: internet.com
Password: wap
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
APN Type: default,supl

*all other settings left blank*

MMS Configuration

Then if you need support for picture and video texts also add the following APN.

Name: Rogers MMS
APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn
MMSC: http://mms.grps.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
APN Type: mms

*all other settings left blank*

Upvote 0
After having success with flashing the LG Eve I decided to try Android version 2.2 search for V20D_00.kdz and use LG's Firmware Update program. Factory reset the phone once complete and enter APN settings.

I didn't factory reset after flashing and my wifi didn't work so make sure you do the factory reset. You will lose you installed apps, contacts and other settings in your phone. The SD card will not be reset or lose information.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones