• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG G2 BRICKED - **NOT PROCESSING FASTBOOT COMMANDS**

anubis2048

Android Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2015
McMurdo Station,Antarctica
As the title explains. I have LG G2 full unlocked (802) and I, like the total jacka** I am decided to use that KitKat tool to try to flash a custom recovery on my LG G2, and it freaking bricked the entire phone. I was on Lolipop and that's probably why.

Here's what pops up
1090 Fastboot mode started
1140 udc_start()
1300 --reset--
1310 --portcharge--

My Windows 7 machine cannot detect the device and only reports it as "Android" in the devices menu. I cannot go into download mode, nor can I get into recovery. No matter what I do or what order I do it in, I get the screen described above. I've tried fastboot, I've tried adb... Nothing freaking works, I do NOT have the money for another phone and the other guides listed DO NOT WORK for me! Could someone please try to help me? And do not list one of the other obvious guides! I've been running around for hours now just to be in the same spot!
Any help would be greatly appreciated! :(

Also, if it helps, or eh, makes it more clear, before I used that damn KitKat app to flash the recovery, I previously tried to use ROM Manager to install CWM recovery, and it had claimed to installed it for my model, but on any attempt to reboot into the special recovery, the phone would reboot and display an open Android with the text BAD COMMAND
And i would have to reboot to use the phone again, I could not reach any recovery.
Now I can't do anything.
And the phone DOES NOT say EVER "Fastboot ready for commands" or whatever, I have tried countless times to execute the flash erase commands, even use another computer to do it! I'm stumped. Hope Iowa is here soon, I need this phone badly.

Upvote 0
Yeah there's a Lollipop version of Autorec I believe, perhaps you used the KitKat one or the other possibility is that your D802 could contain a D800/D801/D803 motherboard which will also cause a fastboot brick. It's sadly common. You'll get to find out if you want to fix it because fastboot has no functionality in LP. So you must take the phone apart and short the motherboard as seen here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/general/lg-g2-unbrickable-fix-real-hard-brick-t2904404

Be aware of the markings inside the phone to verify if it's a true D802. If yours is a 16 GB device, it's almost certainly a true D802, if you bought it from a reputable brick and mortar store, same thing. If not, verify. If you get qhusb_bulk 9006 mode by shorting the pins, you can then fix it either by flashing the partitions via Linux or using the SRK tool for Windows.

Reactions: AMOCO
Upvote 0
Okay, I bit the bullet and finally managed to open the phone up. It turns out that my phone is the T-Mobile variant, unlike what the phone claimed to be.

All over the phone is printed
"D800, D801, D803, and D800T"
Would that mean that any of these firmwares, specifically the T-Mobile version would work? I'm asking before I go any further, because I do not plan on opening this phone ever again! haha
Hope this works!

Upvote 0
Okay, I bit the bullet and finally managed to open the phone up. It turns out that my phone is the T-Mobile variant, unlike what the phone claimed to be.

All over the phone is printed
"D800, D801, D803, and D800T"
Would that mean that any of these firmwares, specifically the T-Mobile version would work? I'm asking before I go any further, because I do not plan on opening this phone ever again! haha
Hope this works!

The only way to be 100% sure is to remove the board and on the underside, the model is stamped. Or, to be maybe 70% sure you can go off what is stamped in the lower left/center when you first open the phone. Also, the gold colored ribbon cables that go up either side are typically marked with a black marker to indicate the model. They may have several models listed, but one is generally circled.

So once you determine the model, then if you get bulk, you use the firmware for the model of board in the phone.

Reactions: AMOCO
Upvote 0
Can't short the capacitors.... Iv'e been trying for about 30 minutes now and literally nothing has happened... Am I missing something?

It's tricky. Need a very small braided wire. If you have some speaker wire or similar, strip back about an inch, then pull away all but about 4-5 strands, cut all the others. Gently twist the 4-5 remaining strands so you have multiple points of contact nearly the same length. Touch that to that cluster of 3 pins in the extreme lower right corner of the chip as seen in the xda thread. When you get it, the device should pop up s bunch of "drives" in windows. Those are actually the phone's partitions and that means you were successful to get bulk.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones