• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G3 Blue Screen :/

AMZIANE Noah

Lurker
Jul 18, 2017
Hi everyone .. i had LG G3 T-Mobile and it worked perfectly but last week i was using it and suddenly it reboots with LG Logo with Blue Screen .. i replaced the screen but it still the same .. Any solutions ?

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 277
Can I replace it ? how much it costs ?
Taking into consideration you've already spent some money on replacing the screen, how much more money do you want to put into it to keep it running as opposed to just buying something newer? That's a four year old phone, perhaps it's time to divert your funds into getting something newer?
(Also, odds are the screen wasn't the initial problem. A blue screen and nothing else showing is more than likely a software issue, not necessarily a hardware issue. Were there other display-related issues involved you didn't previously list that did actually point to the screen needing to be replaced?)

Upvote 0
I had that hunch too. Maybesoftware related? I didn't replace the screen or anything. But it starts to boot then crashes to blue. Seemed to be an issue of heat from the beginning, according to other people. Theirs did it after a year. Verizon was giving this stuff away; now they want an arm & a leg. I might switch to pre-paid or something? I'm not forking over $400 to $900(!!) for something that will be obsolete in 3 months. Just trying to get my contacts & work-around until I decide what to do.

Upvote 0
Well the fact that you can see the screen, even if all blue, means that the screen is still functioning. As for the replacing the logic board (motherboard), again, the fact that your can see the screen means the video chip (a.k.a GPU or Graphics Processing Unit) is also still functional. The next logical step being some other component on the motherboard failing (possible but not likely) or a software issue (more common). Assuming you've tried restarting your phone a few times, can you hear the usual startup chime or other sounds that you might hear when starting it up? If so, at least that indicates at least the phone itself is still working but there's some display problem. If not, that could mean a lot of things but it's hard to even make a suggestion without actually seeing what's going on first-hand.
As for spending a lot of money getting a flagship class phone, there's no mandate that's forcing you to do so. If someone is telling you that's what you have to do, they're not helping. Get one if you feel that's what you need but otherwise there are a number of cheaper, very viable alternatives:
https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-budget-android-phone/

https://www.techradar.com/news/phon...eap-smartphones-payg-mobiles-compared-1314718

https://www.androidauthority.com/cheap-android-phones-269520/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones