• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lg k20 endoscope not working

corvairbob

Android Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2013
ok i have the lg k20 and i also have an endoscope and i just can't get it to work on any on my phones. but i use the lg k20 for the most part so can anyone tell me if these phones will run the endoscope cameras? i installed a bunch of apps and not one shows the camera and they all say no usb device found. but if i plug the phone into my pc i see it in the folders i have setup for or if i look at drives it is there. as the lg k20.

so if this phone has the ability to run the endoscope type cameras then i amy have one that went bad. i can't tell if the pc will run it as the cd it came with is in china not english and the pc does not come up with an auto translate with this cd. and the qr code brings up apk programs and my phone will not take them further.

so if thsi phone can run these endoscopes maybe someone can reply with the models they use or maybe a program i can download on the pc to test my endoscope. thanks

which one do you have? have u checked the specs to see if it is compatible for your phone?
i really have no idea of the kind i got it a few years ago from ebay and i did ahve it working on a phone back then but i can't remember the phone it was on. i tried all the phones i have now and it fails.

the instructions do not have any kind of specs. on some phones the lights on the camera works and fails on a few other hines. it turns on when i plug it into the pc but the cd that i got with it is chinese and i have no clue what buttons i need to push so i closed that cd and took out the camera. that is the best i can give you. i tried a few otg apps and they tell me my phone is not compatible but when i look up the phone on the lg site is says otg compatible. and i turned on developer mode and check a few items there to help and this endoscope camera still fails. that is why i ask just in case someone has an endoscope that works with the lg k20 and then can say what it is.

the one i got looks like this one from ebay. thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-7mm-6LE...043770?hash=item1a794a04fa:g:-8IAAOSwY7lcgd-Z

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
maybe they are both the same, if that is the case like i said above you might have to use an older phone.
i will check this one out. my phones are 7.0 and older. thanks. i'm thinking that the one i have may be broken. it worked once as i remember looking into engine cylinders to check the pistons but now it will not go. not even on the pc or the chrome book. but i do not expect much from the chromebook. the pc should have started it up. but i need a program and the cd fails to load one. thanks

the one posted looks just like the one i have. thanks

Upvote 0
ok i got it to work. it turned out the wire came off the circuit board by the push button. it did not like the lg k20 but it did like the lg aristo. it is not the best video though. i have no idea how to focus it but it is now showing an image. so this is solved. i knew i used it before but maybe one reason i put it away was the focus. thanks

Upvote 0
thanks. after talking to you guys it jogged my memory that i did have it working one time as i used it to see the pistons in an engine i was trouble shooting. so for s/g i took the brighness push button apart and found a broken wire. go figure. it looked like a bad assembly and it had very little solder at that point. anyway it works and now i can use it again for what ever. again thanks for the help. see even suggestions that may seem not relevant can help out. thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones