• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG L70 Tips and Tricks [Video Guides]

I upgradet the LG L70 D320n to a Cyanogen Mod 12.1 with Android 5.1.1 also installed the Gaaps.

The only question is how can i root the phone now after installin a whole new system?

How to root the phone with the Fastboot not the normal Downloading Mod and Lg One Click ?
Enable development by tapping Build Number multiple times until it says you're a developer

Then goto development settings and find Root Access

Then pick Apps and Adb.

Upvote 0
I upgradet the LG L70 D320n to a Cyanogen Mod 12.1 with Android 5.1.1 also installed the Gaaps.

The only question is how can i root the phone now after installin a whole new system?

How to root the phone with the Fastboot not the normal Downloading Mod and Lg One Click ?
I flashed Cyanogen Mod 12.1 and it gave me the purple screen. Tried Resurrection Remix, and there was again a purple screen. Help, pls...
Edit: the zips were applied successfully for both roms. Gapps too. After rebooting, the startup was stopped with the purple screen. Had to remove the battery to turn off. Holding power resets the phone and comes back to purple creen. I have LG L70 D320n.

Upvote 0
I flashed Cyanogen Mod 12.1 and it gave me the purple screen. Tried Resurrection Remix, and there was again a purple screen. Help, pls...
Edit: the zips were applied successfully for both roms. Gapps too. After rebooting, the startup was stopped with the purple screen. Had to remove the battery to turn off. Holding power resets the phone and comes back to purple creen. I have LG L70 D320n.
By the way, in case someone else is having problems here are a few pointers.
After you boot into Philz, go to mount, mount USB storage first and you will see your SD card contents, after you copy the aboot.bin to the root mount, exit USB mount, mount sim card and system, I also mounted data and cache just in case.
If you don't mount system you wont be able to use the SU or any other command and if you don't mount the sim you won't be able to copy the abin to the device internal's memory.

The IF part in dd stands for input file if you are not used to linux or dd, so if the phone doesn't find the SD contents, try looking for it under a different directory in root, mine was external_sd

If the system doesn't pickup the drivers correctly. Go to the device manager, you will see W5 with a yellow exclamation mark. Choose to update the drivers manually and choose driver from a list and look for LGE Mobile ADB, I suspect other ADB android drivers might work as well, the one automatically installed by the system after I got android working is now Android Net Sooner Single ADB Interface.

http://androidforums.com/threads/dump-all-variants-aboot-files-and-how-to-flash.918174/
http://androidforums.com/threads/philz-ms323-d320n-d325-philz-recovery-v6-57-9.889246/

Do exactly what he says. Thanks @cadash

Upvote 0
By the way, in case someone else is having problems here are a few pointers.
After you boot into Philz, go to mount, mount USB storage first and you will see your SD card contents, after you copy the aboot.bin to the root mount, exit USB mount, mount sim card and system, I also mounted data and cache just in case.
If you don't mount system you wont be able to use the SU or any other command and if you don't mount the sim you won't be able to copy the abin to the device internal's memory.

The IF part in dd stands for input file if you are not used to linux or dd, so if the phone doesn't find the SD contents, try looking for it under a different directory in root, mine was external_sd

If the system doesn't pickup the drivers correctly. Go to the device manager, you will see W5 with a yellow exclamation mark. Choose to update the drivers manually and choose driver from a list and look for LGE Mobile ADB, I suspect other ADB android drivers might work as well, the one automatically installed by the system after I got android working is now Android Net Sooner Single ADB Interface.

http://androidforums.com/threads/dump-all-variants-aboot-files-and-how-to-flash.918174/
http://androidforums.com/threads/philz-ms323-d320n-d325-philz-recovery-v6-57-9.889246/

Do exactly what he says. Thanks @cadash
I must say, i don't completely understand the procedure. This is what i did so far. I had TWRP, and managed to install Philz. I downloaded the aboot file and renamed it to aboot.bin and copied it to sd card (I mounted USB storage and after the copy i unmounted it). I don't have the option to mount sim card. I mounted system, data and cache, and there is the option to mount external_sd. I had the yellow exclamation mark and updated the drivers manually but only found LGE Mobile Novacom. There is no LGE Mobile ADB. Hope it's ok.
What now? Where do i open the command prompt and type the commands? What about the fact that i dont have the option for mounting sim, and have the option to mount external_sd?
Also, do i just need to install, or also do the dump? Sry, and thanks alot for the help.

Upvote 0
I must say, i don't completely understand the procedure. This is what i did so far. I had TWRP, and managed to install Philz. I downloaded the aboot file and renamed it to aboot.bin and copied it to sd card (I mounted USB storage and after the copy i unmounted it). I don't have the option to mount sim card. I mounted system, data and cache, and there is the option to mount external_sd. I had the yellow exclamation mark and updated the drivers manually but only found LGE Mobile Novacom. There is no LGE Mobile ADB. Hope it's ok.
What now? Where do i open the command prompt and type the commands? What about the fact that i dont have the option for mounting sim, and have the option to mount external_sd?
Also, do i just need to install, or also do the dump? Sry, and thanks alot for the help.
you do not need to dump your aboot if you don't want to.

Mount External in 'Mount' under PhilZ.

if the drivers for ADB are recognized, do 'adb devices' in cmd. it should say 'numbershere' device, not 'numbershere' offline

If not, try this:

Goto device manager

and try to find adb somewhere, it will be on top, then install the drivers manually from the list windows gives you from 'let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'

then follow the commands in aboot dump if all is well.

EXCEPT:

since external SDCard is being used, do this (in cmd, of course):

adb shell
su
dd if=/external_sd/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot

this means that the command will look for aboot in external sd. then flash.

I should be making a video of this soon, just that I need to figure out how to get that damn purple screen, I keep bricking it but not getting a single screen dammit :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you do not need to dump your aboot if you don't want to.

Mount External in 'Mount' under PhilZ.

if the drivers for ADB are recognized, do 'adb devices' in cmd. it should say 'numbershere' device, not 'numbershere' offline

If not, try this:

Goto device manager

and try to find adb somewhere, it will be on top, then install the drivers manually from the list windows gives you from 'let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'

then follow the commands in aboot dump if all is well.

EXCEPT:

since external SDCard is being used, do this (in cmd, of course):

adb shell
su
dd if=/external_sd/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot

this means that the command will look for aboot in external sd. then flash.

I should be making a video of this soon, just that I need to figure out how to get that damn purple screen, I keep bricking it but not getting a single screen dammit :p
Thanks for the help, but after a couple attempts i managed to recover with nandroid backup. PhilZ didn't see the backup folder in normal recovery, but saw it in advanced recovery (hope i remember the name right). Anyway, the backup isn't that great, it's a not properly rooted stock ROM. Now I'm trying to flash D320n10g_00.kdz with LG Flash Tool. I found it somewhere as the latest version for D320n (I have the 10c version also, tell me if you know which is better). The process starts and when my phone reboots it enters fastboot mode. Then the LG Flash Tool says that the phone is not connected to the USB!!! ***EDIT: LG Flash Tool says that there was an error, not that the phone is not connected, sry***. I presume i have to remove fastboot and have my phone boot to the stock download mode instead. I'm searching online for the solution but any help would be much appreciated.

PS: To achieve the pink screen try this. Put TWRP on a rooted D320n10c phone. Then flash CM 12.1 without verifying (and GAPPS for 5.1) and voila. ***EDIT: I never mentioned that the before the pink screen it said "secure booting error! cause: boot certification verify"!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the help, but after a couple attempts i managed to recover with nandroid backup. PhilZ didn't see the backup folder in normal recovery, but saw it in advanced recovery (hope i remember the name right). Anyway, the backup isn't that great, it's a not properly rooted stock ROM. Now I'm trying to flash D320n10g_00.kdz with LG Flash Tool. I found it somewhere as the latest version for D320n (I have the 10c version also, tell me if you know which is better). The process starts and when my phone reboots it enters fastboot mode. Then the LG Flash Tool says that the phone is not connected to the USB!!! ***EDIT: LG Flash Tool says that there was an error, not that the phone is not connected, sry***. I presume i have to remove fastboot and have my phone boot to the stock download mode instead. I'm searching online for the solution but any help would be much appreciated.

PS: To achieve the pink screen try this. Put TWRP on a rooted D320n10c phone. Then flash CM 12.1 without verifying (and GAPPS for 5.1) and voila. ***EDIT: I never mentioned that the before the pink screen it said "secure booting error! cause: boot certification verify"!
Well, sorry I couldn't help you fix it, thank goodness you backed up! :D

Upvote 0
Look at Part 6 of my videos
Yea, saw it before when i didn't need it, and forgot about it. Tried the whole process again with your guide, everything just like you say, and again got the purple screen. I'm restoring my backup again and i think I'm gonna stay on the rooted stock ROM. One day I will attempt t0 flash a custom ROM again.

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

Upvote 0
Yea, saw it before when i didn't need it, and forgot about it. Tried the whole process again with your guide, everything just like you say, and again got the purple screen. I'm restoring my backup again and i think I'm gonna stay on the rooted stock ROM. One day I will attempt t0 flash a custom ROM again.

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.
I'll try to make a video with my knowledge, the MetroPCS version is very ignorant with these purple screen errors, I need to brute force this guy.

ETA - this weekish.

Upvote 0
Twrp and non patched aboot.bin don't go together on d320(n). Source: my own experience. Use patched aboot from cwm thread, and pink/purple screen will be gone.

EDIT: For adb drivers, I'll update tomorrow which are correct, right now I have to sleep, sorry :)
After some time, I'm gonna continue where I stopped. I just have a question with flashing aboot. When i putt aboot.bin on internal storage, I open cmd in WHAT directory? C/users/username, or at the location of the aboot (internal storage)?
Then i type what is in the guide:
adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot

Edit: Also, do I need to be in recovery or can I just leave the phone turned on normaly?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After some time, I'm gonna continue where I stopped. I just have a question with flashing aboot. When i putt aboot.bin on internal storage, I open cmd in WHAT directory? C/users/username, or at the location of the aboot (internal storage)?
Then i type what is in the guide:
adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/aboot.bin of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot

Edit: Also, do I need to be in recovery or can I just leave the phone turned on normaly?
to flash aboot it can be at any directory. since it is in internal storage it won't matter.

it can be on both recovery or in stock

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones