• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Mobile Supporter Tool stuck

I am attempting to update my LG Eve from V10F to V10Q using the LG Mobile Supporter Tool under Windows 7. I have tried installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. the updater, USB drivers, etc. I have tried removing the SD card and battery, turning on/off USB Mass Storage Only and USB Debug mode. The furthest I have gone in the process was with:

- no SD card
- battery in
- USB Mass Storage Only off
- USB Debug mode off

The updating software stops after 40%, saying that there is a problem with the communications between the cell phone and my PC. It says that I should remove the battery, put it back in, and restart. That did not help.

Sometimes I can't even get to the updater. The Supporter Tool sometimes gets stuck at "Checking the connection with the cell phone..."

One thing: my Windows 7 installation is inside a Linux VirtualBox. I do not know if this matters, although I know that it worked with the previous update to V10F before...I will try to find a real windows box later when I have a chance.

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones