• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG-P990 PC-Suite not detecting phone

dims

Lurker
Apr 30, 2013
I have my LG-P990 for almost 2 years now, upgraded to 2.34 last year but now trying to upgrade to ICS but hitting a brick wall.
I have installed fresh Windows 7 PC for this, downloaded latest USB drv, latest PC-Suite and then allowed it to update to even latest version.
But no matter what, the PC-Suite can not see the phone, I have tried USB cable, not detected, then I tried using WiFi by adding a wireless to the PC and running off the same wireless router, again, no detection.

According to LG, in 2.3.4, I should have an option of either 'Connectivity' or 'PC-Suite' under Settings/Wireless, but I can't see anything remotely near that option type, I tried to turn off the USB=MassStorage option but same, it just can't see the phone.

Using just USB Mass Storage, the phone and SD are detected, as since day one, so its not a cable or phone issue, the upgrade showing the new OS but it just wont upgrade without the PC-Suite software connected, so I am stuck, does anyone know what I should try next ?
Many thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones