• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LGL55C (Optimus Q - Rooted) No Play Services/Store after Reset

Vlasco

Lurker
Oct 2, 2015
Was trying to get my device to force-install apps to SD, and somewhere along the line I decided to do a factory reset (phone was slow to respond and would occasionally ignore a prompt - attempting to open an app/file via touch screen, interacting with the touch screen and would be slow to return to home screen or go back). After the first, second and 3rd factory resets Google Play Services/Store are not there. On the plus side, it's not being slow anymore. X-D

Sideloading doesn't work. Both applications crash repeatedly, and attempting to download anything from the store results in an error retrieving information from server (RPC: S-7:AEC-7 TTXZ-TBTH-LFWJK). Google Talk also refuses to authenticate, prompting an error every few minutes (I don't even remember turning that on or having other indication that my phone even had that - even worse, I hadn't heard of the app until yesterday when the error first started occurring.)

Clearing Cache/Data and rebooting does nothing to alleviate those issues.

Have been -trying- to find a way to unroot my phone to attempt a factory reset without the phone being rooted and can't find a method that works - I've even tried installing a custom rom (TWRP) but can't get the flash_image binary to move over to the system folder (using Root Browser) so I can use that command in Terminal Emulator.

I'm at my wit's end. The phone still technically works (can make/receive calls, send/receive texts, browse web, etc) but I can't access the Play Services/Store so I can easily download apps or make in-app purchases.

I would honestly like to replace the phone, but I won't be able to do that until late this month and would of course like to be able to use my current phone until then.

Thank you in advance for any assistance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones