• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Location history not working

andrews317

Android Enthusiast
Apr 18, 2011
Honduras
Hi guys.

My story is a bit long, so thanks if you take the time to read and help.

I work for a company that uses Google as email provider (it's own domain but with all Google services). For security matter, some functions are locked by the company, for example can't send pictures through hangouts, can't use Photos or G+ and can't log location history on Maps.

A year ago the company provided me with a Galaxy S6, so I sold my old LG G3 and configured my personal Gmail account on the company's phone. I was able to use both work and personal Google accounts.

I've been logging my location history for almost two years now and it has been a nice tool to have. So in the S6 I logged my location history using my personal account because the work account won't let it.

Last week they upgraded my phone to a Mate 9 (too bad they didn't wait for the Mate 10). They gave me the phone with my work account configured and I then added my personal account. After setting everything, I noticed I couldn't activate location history on Maps. Google fit also says that it needs to have location history activated to register better activities. Everything I try I get a message like "Location history is nos available for your account or device." I understand its locked for my work account but it should work for my personal account as it did on the S6

I googled, tried everything and I kind of gave up. I do some cycling so I've been thinking for a while ago to get a Smartwatch for activity tracking. I was thinking that if a get a GPS enabled watch (like the Moto 360 Sport, for example), the watch would do the job to log my location history on Maps. The thing is that I've never used a watch and I am not sure if it would log location history by itself using its own GPS or it logs it through the paired phone, which in this case is my Mate 9 with this issue and will still not work.

Some pictures for support.

Attachments

• IMG_20171016_133930.png
    IMG_20171016_133930.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_20171016_133659.png
    IMG_20171016_133659.png
    151.2 KB · Views: 590
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones