• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock screen unwanted

Brucesterj

Lurker
Feb 1, 2020
Help.. I now have a lock screen on my tablet. I was trying to get it to connect to my PC through the cable and into a USB port. It doesn't always give me a choice whether I want it to charge or transfer files. I didn't have my Bluetooth plugged in, so I went into the VPN settings.. I attempted to create one.. and it didn't work.. So I finally plugged in the tiny Bluetooth adapter and transferred my files. Now I have a lock screen. Ugghh.. I DID go back into the VPN and remove it.. and have since rebooted it, The "NONE" option is still greyed out. It's a personal tablet. Only use it for connecting it to my drone.

Thanx in advance..

Settings
About Phone
Build Number (tap 7 times)

Settings
Developers Options
On
Select USB Configuration

That should help with part of your problem.

Settings
Security
Screen Lock
(select desired option)

VPN has nothing to do with any of this, not sharing files, lock screens, or bluetooth connections.

As far as I know, VPN is used for connection to the internet in a way that is more secure, and as a dead end that ad-blockers can use.
Firewalls also use it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones