• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lock screen Voice Assistant without unlocking my phome

IHaveAnAndriod

Dec 10, 2013
I'm sing the nexus 5. And the one thing that I like about the iPhone is that u can use Siri without unlocking the phone. I currently use Robin as my personal assistant, but I always have to unlock my phone to use the assistant. I would like to create reminders with out unlocking my phone. Is there anyway that I can do this?

I'm sing the nexus 5. And the one thing that I like about the iPhone is that u can use Siri without unlocking the phone. I currently use Robin as my personal assistant, but I always have to unlock my phone to use the assistant. I would like to create reminders with out unlocking my phone. Is there anyway that I can do this?

Not free method:

There are some ways to go about this but since 4.4.4 update the xposed method doesn't work anymore because the devs aren't integrating its api for whatever reason (one of them is open source). OpenMic+ may help but there's a free app and a paid version. Basically the app tries to mimic the hotword detection on the motox where it is always listening for "okay google" even when the screen is off and locked. You can configure it to be more battery friendly by only turning on when your on the lockscreen. Setting it up is pretty tedious so it may also require the app tasker to actually accomplish this.

Upvote 0
Free method:

Also I'm not sure what happened to the option in google search app, but there was an option to turn on always listening even on lock screen. Maybe because my Google isn't in priv-app folder.

Edit: yeah google has to be in priv-app :)

d7f39c8eeaa9d3f53ac1c85993782db6.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones