• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Locked out of Nexus 7 - password won't work

Michael H

Lurker
Sep 17, 2017
I recently bought a new phone Imo Q2. While setting everything up I had to sign into Google Play Store, I also had to set up a screen lock password.

I'm not sure which of these actions caused the issue I now have with my Nexus 7 2013 tablet which is as follows....

My screen lock password on my tablet is no longer working which seems to have happened just after I signed into the Google play store on my new phone, the issue could also be that the screen lock password on my new phone is very similar to my tablet with an extra letter on the end, I think it has somehow changed my tablet login, but have no way of entering this new password on my tablet screen.

I need advice on how to get back into my tablet, or how to factory reset losing the minimal amount of data photos etc.

There is no way I could have forgotten my tablet password, as it is the same one as on my old phone, and still works on that no problem.

Thanks for any useful advice in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones