• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fredro

Dec 3, 2009
I've got a Xyboard 8.2 that will randomly lock up. Once in a while it will unfreeze and continue working, but usually it has to be manually power cycled to work again. I've hard reset it twice to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this with one of these? Usually the lockups are while using the factory Web browser.

Sorry for resurrecting this "old" thread, but, Yes I did experience this. I just received my 8.2 xyboard back from Motorola service for just this problem. The tablet lockups became so frequent that I spent more time rebooting than actually using the tablet, and factory restore didn't help. I wish that there had been more than a "Repair - software" comment on the repair form, in case this ever happens again.

Upvote 0
No apologies needed for sharing your experiences w/everyone here. If others are having this issue, especially after receiving the tablet back from MOTOROLA for warranty service,this is the perfect platform to share your experiences, as I'm sure MOTOROLA reads not only their own forums for input, but, others such as this one here @ A/F.

Keep us posted on any progress, or, changes to your situation w/your XYBOARD.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones