• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

looking for phone which works on all frequencies/all over world ?

cpphey

Lurker
Oct 8, 2018
1. which note 8 version works works on all frequencies/all over world ?

2. What is the difference between n950 and n950u1 in terms of frequencies and working atleast in North America ?

1. Does the note 8 dual sim work on 4g/lte simultaneously ?
2. Does q1 apply to n950 and n950u1 ?

Reactions: Duckster
Upvote 0
What you are asking for is a "dual sim dual active" phone. Those are rare because they require two transceivers, and if you also want both slots to be capable of high speed Internet that places additional demands on the processor.

According to Samsung the dual sim Note 8 is "dual sim dual standby" (DSDS - see here: https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/what-is/sim-support/), so it cannot receive calls simultaneously on both (one transceiver). The Note 8 seems to be 4G/3G, i.e. you can choose which slot supports 4G but only one of them can at a time (according to Samsung the S9 can have both slots capable of 4G, so probably the Note 9 can too).

This instruction page is for the S8, but as far as I can see the Note 8 is the same: https://www.samsung.com/hk_en/suppo...dual-sim-or-usim-cards-on-galaxy-s8-or-note8/

Upvote 0
Can both sims work at the same time i.e. get calls simultaneosuly, browse the internet (without one sim slot at a lower speed than the other) ..

Reason I ask is note 4 dual sim from ASIA has restrictions

I'm pretty sure there is only one dual-SIM variant that's intended for international use, the 950FD Duos, which is an Exynos device available in Asia, Europe, Africa and Middle East. And the only other dual-SIMs being the 9500 and 9508 variants, that are intended for China, and are Snapdragon based because of China Telecom CDMA.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones