• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for Suggestions

viperpiper

Aug 4, 2011
I"m currently a blackberry user and considering switching over to an Android phone. One thing I do like is a full qwerty keyboard but I don't like the LG that Rogers is currently offering on the site. In fact it's the only phone that has full keyboard. I see so many nice Samsung and HTC phones with the keyboard and I'm wondering is there any Android phones from other carriers that I should be looking at that will also work with Rogers if unlocked. The big key is a nice full qwerty keyboard for me.

thanks for any suggestions

Pete

There are a wide range of android phones with keybards... just Google search it! Many HTC phones are a lot higher end though, I'm not sure what your planning to do with it. You won't find a keyboard quite as good as a blackberry, but if you like the small blackberry keyboard, sprint has a phone called the Motorola xprt ( has android 2.2 with a blackberry like keyboard). I used to have a blackberry and then bought an evo 4g and I don't regret switching at all

Upvote 0
I"m currently a blackberry user and considering switching over to an Android phone. One thing I do like is a full qwerty keyboard but I don't like the LG that Rogers is currently offering on the site. In fact it's the only phone that has full keyboard. I see so many nice Samsung and HTC phones with the keyboard and I'm wondering is there any Android phones from other carriers that I should be looking at that will also work with Rogers if unlocked. The big key is a nice full qwerty keyboard for me.

thanks for any suggestions

Pete

If you're asking for a keyboard, you're really limiting yourself. I don't believe any of the Canadian carriers have phones with a physical keyboard for 2011. So phone is a bit 'outdated'. From you post, is there an LG phone with a physical kb on Rogers (I don't remember ever hearing about one). Telus has the HTC Status which looks like a BB with the keyboard layout. Bell has the best lineup for physical kb with the Desire Z and MOTOROLA XT860

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones