• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Lost Call" on mother-in-law's phone - typical reasons please? so I can try to help.

It's not an Android problem because she doesn't have a 'droid phone, but I'm registered on this forum for my own phone and I hope someone can help me.

My mother-in-law has Metro PCS service and she complains to me that she occasionally talks to someone for 3 or 4 minutes, then gets three beeps, the call disconnects, and then displays a "Call Lost" message. She says the batter icon is still green and the phone isn't dead. She doesn't have signal strength bars on her phone.

The first thing I tried was removing and replacing the battery to reboot the phone. I know this fixes my 'droid phone on those rare occasions when it acts screwy.

My wife went over, called me and walked over every nook and cranny of her apartment for over 7 minutes and other than a couple of minor voice glitches, to minor to be called breaking up, it worked fine. Of course, that is not a scientific test and mother-in-law says it doesn't happen on every call.

She has a Kyocera Laylo M1400 phone. she is not tech savvy (quite the opposite) and also has Parkinson's disease with some numbness to her hands so we don't know if it's something she may be doing or not.

We took it to the MetroPCS store and a technician did something to it via a computer (he wasn't very verbal but very friendly) and that didn't seem to help.

So anyway, what are the most typical reasons for this problem so I can go about helping her?

Thanks,
Bob

Probably signal fluctuations. Ive had experience with several phones from many carriers and i noticed with all phones that you can go from 4/5 bars to 1/2 bars on the same spot within seconds. I have a friend that lives near an airport and has max signal on verizon and when a plane flies over the house she looses all signal which happen a few times a day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones