• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Low signal strength on AT&T. Why?

jungleexplorer

Android Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2011
Texas
I have had the Xperia V for the last three years. It has been a much better phone then any of the three Samsung models I had before it. The GPS antenna gave out on it and I went looking for a new xperia. I landed on the Z3 and order the international model (D6603). I got it and stuck my AT&T sims in it and it worked right away. I downloaded the AT&T setting and got the data to work. All is well and I love this phone. The only problem is that I have almost no signal. \

Now, I know that there is good signal where I am at because I have used my Xperia V in this area for 3 years and I have always had 4 to 5 bars of singnal in my area. My Z3 only gets 1 to 2 bars, and somethings none. My wife has a Galaxy S4 and we are on the road yesterday and I dropped a phone call because of no signal. I asked to look at her phone to see if she had signal and she had full signal strength.

I am also only getting H and H+ data speeds and not 4G LTE. Anyone here have a Z3 on AT&T? What can I do to fix this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones