• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Low Space, and Practical Solutions

hapworth

Feb 19, 2016
Hey All!

So I've been messing around with my ZTE Warp Sync for awhile now, having used several ROMs for a long time now. Currently on Resurrection Remix which has been a really steady daily driver of mine.

However, the size issues on these ROMs are really screwing with me. I miss the ability to Move Apps to the SD Card, using apps like Link2SD and the like. And the formatting an SD Card to as more Internal Storage has never worked for me after attempting to reformat it from the TWRP, and various apps on my Windows PC and Linux box.

I don't think I keep a lot of junk, I have a handful of apps, and run the various cleaners. But this is almost turning into a dealbreaker for me.

So I'm asking, has anyone been able to figure out how to get similar functionality on a 6.0.1 ROM? I've seen various guides but they all look like they go down the same rabbit holes that I never could manage.

Otherwise, what is the last Android version that gave us the functionality to Move to SD and will jumping backwards really suck? Do you think it's worth it?

Thanks all for all of your help and contributions. As a side, I may just jump and purchase a new one... the Samsung Galaxy J7 Perx and J3 Emerge look interesting. Any experiences with those along with modding?

-h

Since I'm not really a techie, I'm really not sure if this will help or not. But I've had my phone for about 2 years also and started getting error messages from the phone saying my space was getting low. I deleted several games and a few other apps and it got worse. So I looked in the storage to see what was using the most data and it was chrome. This phone only has 4 GBs of data memory. So I figured since I still had Google as a browser, I could delete it then add it back. So I disabled it and it asked me if I wanted to take it back to the factory version instead. So I did that. Voila only using 38 mbs. Then I re-enabled it. No problems except a few lost passwords so far. And I recovered the lost passwords by email.
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Since I'm not really a techie, I'm really not sure if this will help or not. But I've had my phone for about 2 years also and started getting error messages from the phone saying my space was getting low. I deleted several games and a few other apps and it got worse. So I looked in the storage to see what was using the most data and it was chrome. This phone only has 4 GBs of data memory. So I figured since I still had Google as a browser, I could delete it then add it back. So I disabled it and it asked me if I wanted to take it back to the factory version instead. So I did that. Voila only using 38 mbs. Then I re-enabled it. No problems except a few lost passwords so far. And I recovered the lost passwords by email.
Hope this helps.

Any reason you replied to a two year old post? Just wondering.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones