• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LTE Anyone?

Hi Everyone,

I'm Melanie from the Rogers team. Just wanted to give a little bit of info about LTE plans here.

You are not required to get an LTE plan just because it's an LTE device. However, that said, you will need an LTE device AND an LTE plan in order to access the network.

In your case here, zantesys, you will have the option to get either an LTE plan or a normal HSPA+ plan. If you choose HSPA+, you will not have access to LTE if you are ever in LTE areas.

It really all depends on what your needs are and what networks are available where you are.

Hope this helps.

@RogersMelanie

Reactions: Roze
Upvote 0
Thanks Melanie. My intention is to get the HSPA+ plan initially (as I rarely get to the cities where LTE is active), and wait and see what happens with LTE in Calgary. I assume changing the type of plan later won't be an issue?

So (and not totally changing the subject): may I ask if you have any info on the Nexus Prime for Rogers?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones