• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mail not automatically deleting from EVO

marklyn

Jun 9, 2010
My Roadrunner account is set up on my EVO and receives email, sends email, no problems there.
Issue is that emails that I've already downloaded to my pc Outlook are still showing up in my inbox on my EVO.
I've looked through all of the settings and cannot find one similar to what I had for my Windows Mobile mail, which deleted mail that it didn't see was on the mail server anymore.

Is this a possible bug or maybe an intentional design, or am I missing a setting?

I don't think there is a setting for that. I'm actually glad it works this way versus the WinMo function. At times I want to keep an e-mail on my phone that is no longer on the server. I'm using POP accounts. Don't know how Exchange or Gmail accounts handle that.

The biggest thing it needs is functions for "mark all as read" or "delete all". It could also use a "delete from server if deleted from the phone".

Upvote 0
I don't think there is a setting for that. I'm actually glad it works this way versus the WinMo function. At times I want to keep an e-mail on my phone that is no longer on the server. I'm using POP accounts. Don't know how Exchange or Gmail accounts handle that.

The biggest thing it needs is functions for "mark all as read" or "delete all". It could also use a "delete from server if deleted from the phone".

I actually, on the other hand, would like to have an option that let's me decide if I want the mail to be deleted when it's no longer on the server.
That way, we have the best of both worlds, they way you prefer and the way I prefer.

Upvote 0
If you didn't know already...

When looking at the list of emails,

Menu>Delete>Menu>Mark All>Delete

I didn't know that, and that is good to know, although it doesn't quite get to the original question, which I have been frustrated with as well. If I delete or view something on my PC, I would expect that action to be reflected on my mobile's version as well. I don't want to have to do it twice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones