• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mate 8 vs P8MAX first impressions.

N0ISV

Lurker
Aug 12, 2010
CO
My first Huawei was the P8MAX. Awesome size and features. But like most users of any Huawei device, I was fooled by their liberal, cram it down your throat, only good for Chinese folks attitude of the EMUI!
EMUI on the P8MAX SUCKS big time? The EMUI launcher SUCKS also, and will NOT allow another launcher (that works right) to be used?
ANDROID is just fine without EMUI!

My first impressions of the Huawei Mate 8 is a 100% turn around.
The EMUI is very user friendly, and seems to work better with Android?

I have not loaded Nova launcher yet. So far there seems no reason to do so.
The EMUI on the Mate 8 is working OK.

Wayne

My first Huawei was the P8MAX. Awesome size and features. But like most users of any Huawei device, I was fooled by their liberal, cram it down your throat, only good for Chinese folks attitude of the EMUI!
EMUI on the P8MAX SUCKS big time? The EMUI launcher SUCKS also, and will NOT allow another launcher (that works right) to be used?
ANDROID is just fine without EMUI!

My first impressions of the Huawei Mate 8 is a 100% turn around.
The EMUI is very user friendly, and seems to work better with Android?

I have not loaded Nova launcher yet. So far there seems no reason to do so.
The EMUI on the Mate 8 is working OK.

Wayne

Wayne - I've been using Nova Launcher on my Mate 8 since I first purchased. Initially, I had issues until I went through all the Huawei phone settings menus to discover that you had to set it manually through there, in order for Nova to be set as the default launcher. That's a "just in case" you decide to go to Nova.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones